Akai's MPK249 is a comprehensive all in one music production centre designed give users a superior level of control over their music production workflows.
The semi-weighted keybed comes with after touch technology which gives it that real instrument response. This is great for composers that use orchestral libraries as it captures nuanced performances such as release time, velocity, information etc.
The knobs and pads along the top enhance your capabilities as a producer. You can program and record drum sections of your tunes in quick time with the pads. The knobs are great for assigning effects and paramters such as filter cutoffs, send levels to bus channels etc. As if that wasnt enough you als get a whopping £300 worth of software for free with this controller. Additionally, MPC Beats is now included.
Akai MPK249 Key Features
- 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 16 RGB-illuminated MPC pads each with 4 banks for 64 pads
- 24 assignable Q-Link controllers include knobs, faders, and switches (8 of each)
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive recording and performing
- 1 assignable footswitch jack and 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0, and Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)
- MPC Beats now included
Akai MPK249 Tech Spec
- Number of Keys: 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 16 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 control knobs, 8 faders, and 8 backlit switches
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 29" x 12.25" x 3.38"
- Weight: 12.6 lbs
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Available USB Port