Native Instruments TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 is the definitive hardware for controlling the powerful Remix Decks in TRAKTOR PRO. Finally, you can launch clips in an entirely intuitive, DJ-centric way – control Remix Decks just like regular track decks, switching between up to 64 tracks, loops and one-shot samples on each deck. With your signature sound at your fingertips, it’s time to blur the line between DJing and live performance.
Get started in seconds – the KONTROL F1 includes around 4 GB of premium grade sound, pre-loaded as Remix Sets. Or you can import your own samples, and even capture loops and sounds live, using the controller’s stylish multi-colour pads and ergonomic faders. Expand the creative potential of any TRAKTOR set-up – with or without timecode vinyl – and transform your DJ set into a dynamic live performance.
The TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 workflow is rooted in DJ culture. Remix Sets™, made up of your individual loops and sounds, load just like regular tracks in the super-powerful TRAKTOR PRO 3 software. And your drum loops, bass lines, percussion, vocals and lead sounds are ready for dropping into your performance. Four volume faders and four dedicated filter knobs provide full sonic access to the Remix Deck slots, and to add more flavour, you can route individual slots through TRAKTOR’s FX units.
- Remix Decks are the latest TRAKTOR innovation, letting you select from up to 64 loops and one-shot samples per deck. Any of the four decks in TRAKTOR PRO 3 can be switched to be a Remix Deck.
- Each Remix Deck offers four different Slots (columns), ideal for arranging sounds and loops by instrument groups e.g. different drum, bass, percussion loops. Play one sound per column - a total of four samples at any one time.
- Use loops from the included sound content or import any loops and sounds of your own.
- Develop your own unique trademark sound and build a personal arsenal of sounds by live-capturing your favourite loops while DJing.
- The stylish multi-colour pads and ergonomic faders make TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 the ultimate controller for a Remix Deck.
- Any sound or loop can be assigned a specific RGB colour, either in the software or via the controller.
- A Remix Set™ is the combination of 64 loops and one-shot samples and their respective beat grids and BPMs - stored and loaded just like a regular track in the browser.
- Control the entire Remix Deck via Native Scratch timecode control with vinyl or CDs - or scratch using the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4/S2 jog wheels.
- Each Remix Deck has its own transport, sync, and tempo master controls.
- To add more flavour you can choose which slots are fed through TRAKTOR’s FX units, or even play samples in reverse.
- The Punch mode allows for instant switching between different loops in one instrument group, in perfect phase - switch from one drum loop to the next exactly on the 2 and 4 snares.
- Additionally, the Remix Deck quantize can be set to different values for full control of the musical phrasing.
- Rewritten tempo detection for improved accuracy, developed from analysing thousands of tracks from various genres.
- New “downbeat” auto-detection improves auto-beat-gridding and phase recognition.
- Convenient analysis options when importing files to your collection - set the tempo range by BPM.
- Much improved BPM detection on tracks with variable tempo, (such as “live” drummer genres) - now detects average BPM. Rewritten Tempo-
- Tap – instant and simple realignment anytime your tracks drifts away from the grid over time.
- Manually adjusted grids, (and all BPM-locked tracks) keep their position and tempo from previous versions.
Traktor Kontrol F1 Technical Specifications:
Dimensions (cm): 120 x 52 x 294
Weight: 730g (1.6 lb)
Power Supply via USB 2.0 interface, 5V 500mA bus power.
*No additional power supply or battery is needed.
Specifications needed to run Traktor 3
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- USB 2.0
- DVD drive
- 1 GB free disc space
- High-speed Internet required
- Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit)
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7 (latest update)
- Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)