The Pioneer CDJ-900NXS takes its large, high-resolution, LED, full colour screen from the renowned CDJ-2000NSX. Some of the displayed track and browsing information has been improved. DJs are now able to select how they view tracks e.g. scroll though artwork, a list or a custom view using the large rotating dial.
The Beat Count has been improved so as when users mark any key points within Rekordbox the player counts down from up to 64 bars away. The Wave Display now includes Wave Zoom which allows the user more accuracy on cues and loops. Finally the Phase Meter has been improved where it now shows the point in the beat bar. This allows the DJ to see the phase of each player with the master deck with just a quick glimpse. Also, this information can be displayed on other multiplayer’s that are connected via the ProDJ Link.
The CDJ-900NXS is fully attuned with Rekordbox music management software. The software allows music to be planned ahead, modify settings, create/edit and save logs can be controlled and music files, on a PC/laptop with Rekordbox installed, can be analysed. Rekordbox is available in iOS (downloadable from the app store) and OS (downloadable from Google Play) free of charge. This enables DJs to create and prepare music on the go on either an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or an similar android device.
The music management software allows the user to create/edit playlists, analyse data from music files including Key, Wave, BPM, Wave Zoom, ID3 Tag and Beat Grid, apply settings for each track e.g. Cue, Loop, Hotcue, Auto Load and Active Loop and finally all playback log information relating to any music file played on the multiplayer, will be saved.
The multiplayer has a fully integrated Wi-Fi/USB connection functionality. Any music stored on an external device that has Wi-Fi capability or USB connection is able to be transferred to the CDJ-900NXS. Due to smart technology and touch screens on these external devices means they are capable of being used to action minor processes. Also, when any of the devices are connected via USB, they are being charged throughout.
Some of the features on the multiplayer have been enhanced. The Quantize button allows DJs to select loops and cues without interrupting the music during playback. The Beat Sync allows the Rekordbox beat grid information to be visible on up to four connected players and then snap them all to the beat of the master deck. The Beat Divide buttons allows the user to slice the beat and roll it around in a loop. Beat Divide can also be part of Slip Mode that then goes into Slip Loop, where the track directly comes back at the correct place when the Beat Divide button is released. Finally slip lets the track be played back silently during a scratch, reverse or loop and then the music is brought back at the precise point when the DJ exits.
Music files can be transferred to the CDJ-900NXS multiplayer from laptops, PCs, tablets, smartphones, audio CDs, CD-R/RW and USB storage devices. The player allows playback flexibility in that it will play MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF formats.
Quality sound output
The multiplayer has an incorporated high-quality audio circuitry with an integrated soundcard. This provides sleek, lucid and prevailing sound even at the highest of volumes. Jitter is minimised with an included Wolfson DAC whilst the precise sound replica is down to the 115dB signal-to-noise ratio.
- MIDI function – able to control DJ software via the MIDI control function on the multiplayer
- Active Loop – Loops are started when playback commences from a particular point automatically.
- 4 Beat Loop – precise 4-beat loops are created at the touch of a button
- My settings function – DJs own settings are loaded
- Traffic Light – when connected via ProDJ Link, a green light is visible which shows that the music will sound harmonious with the key of the music being played on the multiplayer.
- Control various DJ software via MIDI control
- MY SETTINGS" function immediately reflects you own customized settings
- TRAFFIC LIGHT"*1 displays with a green light music that will sound harmonious with the key of the music being played on a Multi Player connected via "PRO DJ LINK"
- ACTIVE LOOP" automatically starts loops when playback begins from a specified point
- 4 BEAT LOOP" enables construction of precise 4-beat loops simply by pressing a button