Engineered to be an all-in-one controller solution, the Akai Professional MPK261 is a performance pad and keyboard controller that combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations.
The MPK 261 is a performance pad and keyboard controller that combines deep software integration with over £400 worth of premium music software included, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations. The MPK261 additionally features a number of enhancements requested by our producer community.
Classic MPC Note Repeat and MPC Full Level are onboard for further inspiration. With MPK261, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years. In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
Akai MPK261 Key Features
- 61 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 16 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads each with 4 banks for 64 pads
- 24 assignable Q-Link controllers include knobs, faders, and switches (8 of each)
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input and output
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Comprehensive transport & parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls with split mode for expressive performances
- 2 assignable footswitch jacks and 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included: VIP 3.1, Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0, SONiVOX Eighty-Eight Ensemble and Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)
- Now includes MPC Beats
Akai MPK261 Tech Spec
- Number of Keys: 61 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 16 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 control knobs, 8 faders, and 8 backlit switches
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (2) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 35.63" x 12.25" x 3.38"
- Weight: 15.1 lbs
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Available USB Port