The AKAI MPX8 is a ground-breaking product in that its hightly portable and lets users play sounds from a standard SD card. The 8 velocity-sensitive, backlit pads allows for you to create complex musical compositions. Load anything from chords to drum sounds to create musical segments fast.
Akai MPX8 Key Features
- Add sound samples via standard SD card (sold separately)
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- Drag-and-drop sample editor for Mac and PC included
- Built-in library of popular sounds, samples, and bumps
- Tune, add reverb, save sample sets for easy recall
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- 1/8” headphone output and balanced 1/4” outputs
Akai MPX8 Tech Spec
- Internal Sound Engine: Sample Playback
- Pads: 8 x Velocity Sensitive
- Sounds: 21 Internal (Virtually Unlimited via SD Card)
- Sounds Accessible (Via Pads): 8
- Polyphony: 8-Voice
- Panning: 9-Position (User Programmable)
- Effects: Reverb
- Sample Tuning: Yes
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" TRS (Balanced), 1 x 1/8" Headphone (3.5mm)
- MIDI I/O: MIDI (Over USB), 5-Pin DIN (via 1/8")
- Additional Media Storage: SD
- Power Input: 5V DC / 1000mA (USB)
- Height: 1.3"
- Width: 11.6"
- Depth: 4"
- Weight: 0.45 Kg