The Roland TR-6S is based on the popular TR-8S, but with a lower price tag and a more compact form. It does, however, have the same powerful sound as its larger brother. Roland has knocked it out of the park with their latest drum machine offering, which includes more hands-on production functions, intuitive beat composition, and sound-shaping possibilities.
- TR-8S variant with six tracks.
- TR-606, TR-707, TR-808, and TR-909 circuit models are included.
- It's possible to use it as a USB audio/MIDI interface.
- It can be powered by USB or four AA batteries.
- Flam, step-loop, sub-steps, motion recording, and other features have been added to the sequencer.
- Mix and blend different sounds to create unique hybrid drum kits.
- The FM sound engine produces cutting-edge futuristic sound.
- Preset sample library with a large number of options (also has support for custom user samples).
User Drum Kit
- 6 instrument parts
- 16 steps per 1 variation
- 8 (A - H) variations per 1 pattern
- 2 fill-in patterns per 1 pattern
- Tone can be assigned to each 6 instrument parts freely
- Bass drum: 11 ACB tones
- Snare drum: 8 ACB tones
- Tom: 19 ACB tones
- Rim shot: 3 ACB tones
- Handclap: 5 ACB tones
- Hi-hat: 8 ACB tones
- Cymbal: 8 ACB tones
- Percussion: 24 ACB tones
- FM: 66 tones
- Preset sample: 300 tones or greater
- User sample: imported from SD card for playback): available format: WAV, AIFF
- Total time for all samples: approx 600 sec (at 44.1 kHz, mono)
- Instrument FX: THRU, HPF, LPF, LPF/HPF, H BOOST, L BOOST, L/H BOOST, ISOLATOR, TRANSIENT, COMPRESSOR, DRIVE, COMP+DRV, CRUSHER, SATURATOR, FREQ SHIFT, RING MOD, SPREAD
- Reverb: AMBI, ROOM, HALL 1, HALL 2, PLATE, MOD
Delay: DLY, PAN, TAPE ECHO
Master FX: HPF, LPF, LPF/HPF, H BOOST, L BOOST, L/H BOOST, ISOLATOR, TRANSIENT, TRANSIENT 2, COMPRESSOR, DRIVE, OVERDRIVE, DISTORITON, FUZZ, CRUSHER, PHASER, FLANGER, SBF, NOISE
- Other: SCATTER, SIDE CHAIN
- 16 characters, 2 line (backlit LCD)
- SD Card (SDHC supported) for backup/restore function and import sample data
- Phones jack: stereo miniature phone type
- Out (L/mono, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI (In/Out) connectors
- USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4 Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4 Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw
- 500 mA Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery: Approx. 4.5 hours Ni-MH battery: Approx. 5.5 hours (When using
- batteries having a capacity of 1,900 mAh.)
- Leaflet "Read Me First"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4