The Korg Volca Sample 2 is an impressive digital sample sequencer that offers a wide range of features for live performances, DJ sets, and music production. Here's a breakdown of its key attributes:
Expanded Memory: The Volca Sample 2 boasts an increased RAM capacity, with a total of 200 slots available for sample sounds. This is a significant improvement from the original version, allowing for more extensive customization and creativity. Additionally, the factory menu now includes 50 blank slots, enabling you to personalize your sample bank.
Enhanced Sequencing: With the integrated step sequencer, you can easily edit and manipulate your sequences. The 16-step keys provide intuitive control, while the visual indicator displays the note timing within a measure. Real-time recording is also possible, and you can save up to ten sequence patterns in the internal memory for quick recall. The motion sequencer function records knob movements, granting you the ability to modulate sounds dynamically during live performances.
Motion Sequencing: The motion sequencer lets you record and manipulate various parameters, such as playback start point, sample length, cutoff frequency, playback speed, pitch EG depth, and more. This feature offers sophisticated editing possibilities that were previously unavailable in hardware samplers of this category.
Dynamic Performances: The Volca Sample 2 includes several performance-enhancing functions. The swing function allows you to adjust the playback position, adding unique grooves to your music. The active step function enables you to skip steps while a sequence is playing, while the step jump function allows for instant play of selected steps. These features contribute to dynamic performances and enable you to create intricate rhythms and loops.
Frequency EQ Isolator: Equipped with a frequency EQ isolator, the Volca Sample 2 becomes a powerful tool for creating electronic dance music. This feature allows you to manipulate the frequency ranges of your sounds and samples, enabling powerful alterations and track developments. The analogue circuitry of the isolator EQ ensures a rich and lush sound quality, even in a flat position. The built-in reverb effect can be used alongside the isolator EQ to enhance live performances and create captivating effects.
Song Mode: An exciting addition to the Volca range, the Volca Sample 2 introduces a song mode. This mode enables you to save up to six song patterns, each combining up to 16 sequences. It opens up unique performance possibilities and allows you to play a diverse range of samples while synchronizing with other Volca units. The sample reverse function provides hip-hop-style sample effects, which can be independently activated for each sample part.
In summary, the Korg Volca Sample 2 offers an extensive range of features, making it a versatile and powerful tool for musicians, DJs, and music producers. With its expanded memory, intuitive sequencing capabilities, motion sequencing, dynamic performance functions, frequency EQ isolator, and song mode, the Volca Sample 2 empowers you to explore your creativity and deliver captivating performances and productions.
- Swing function lets you generate grooves
- Powerful and great-sounding Analog Isolator
- Includes digital Reverb effect
- Record, manage, and download samples from volca sample's dedicated iOS app
- Song mode allows more dynamic performances
- Reverse function plays sampled sounds backwards
- Pattern chain mode with 2 different STEP JUMP modes
- Introducing the new delay feature, which enables you slightly delay the start of any section to produce a variety of grooves and swings.
- Please note: Sample input only possible via a special iOS app
- Type: PCM Maximum
- Polyphony: 8
- Number of Samples: 200?150 presets + 50 empty slots. All slots are user over writable?
- Memory Size for Sample: 8MB, 130 seconds
- Sampling Frequency: 31.25kHz, 16bit
- Edit Sample:?Start Point, Start Delay, Length, Hi Cut), Pitch?Speed, EG Int, Attack, Decay?,Amp?Level, Pan, Attack, Decay?,Reverse On/Off
- Digital Reverb: On/Off Mix
- Analogue Isolator: Bass, Treble
- Number of Parts: 10
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 16 (1 to 10 have presets loaded by default on factory settings Pattern chain function)
- Control Motion Sequence: Active Step, Step Jump, Swing
- Audio Input: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync: Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V), Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: MIDI IN
- USB: micro-B USB port
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power Supply: AA alkaline battery x6, AA nickel-metal hydride battery x6, or AC adapter “KA-350” (optional)
- Included Items: AA alkaline battery x6 (for verifying operation), Sync cable
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 193x 115mm x 45mm (including knob height)