The M-Audio AIR 192|4 is part of their brand new line of USB audio interfaces and serves as a significant improvement from the previous range. If you are a computer music producer that requires studio monitoring as well as a couple of inputs for home recording, the Air 1924 is the ideal solution.
Firstly, the finish and build-quality of this interface is extremely impressive. The main body is constructed with solid metal; all finished with a gun black design. The previous model did use plastic so this is a great improvement for those that want a sturdy interface to record in various environments. The big knob control on top makes studio monitoring a breeze as you can adjust your levels quickly.
The M-Audio Air 192|4 Audio Interface comes superior Crystal Preamp technology. These are designed to give you accurate and clean recordings by using the finest analogue-to-digital technology available. With 24bit/192kHz recording functionality available, the signals you capture will be detailed and sonically-rich. The inputs feature the lowest round-trip latency possible on a USB powered interface. This is a feature that professionals will really appreciate.
As if the incredible functionality of the soundcard itself wasn't enough, the AIR 1924 comes with a massive collection of software. You have two DAWs to choose from; Ableton Live Lite and ProTools First | M-Audio Edition. Additionally, you get a vast selection of effects and instruments plugins. The AIR FX suite comes with 20 effects plugins, so whether you need reverbs, delays, EQs etc - this has you covered. If you need instruments, the AIR Virtual Instruments comes with drums machines, synths, strings, percussion and others.
- 24-bit/192kHz resolution for professional recording and monitoring
- Hi-speed USB circuitry for fastest connection, with class- leading round-trip latency of 2.59ms
- Transparent CrystalTM preamps and ultra-pristine A/D converters for unsurpassed audio recording quality
- VU LED meters for dialling in the perfect level
- Stereo 1⁄4-inch outs; 1⁄4-inch headphone out with independent level control
- Rugged metal chassis; large central control for easy volume adjustment
- USB/Direct knob for balancing between the input signal and the computer signal
Below is a list of software that comes with the M-Audio Air 192|4 USB Audio Interface.
- Pro Tools | First M-Audio Edition
- Ableton Live Lite
- Eleven Lite
- Avid Effects Collection
- AIR Music Tech Creative FX Collection § AIR Music Tech Xpand!2
- AIR Music Tech Mini Grand
- AIR Music Tech Vacuum
- AIR Music Tech BOOM
- 2GB of Touch Loops Content